Sunday, April 10, 2011

heather oh web 2.0

The last assignment of my web design course was both intimidating and exciting: design your personal website.


As a very soon-to-be-grad, having an online portfolio is an amazing new tool to have when going out into the job market, especially now when everything is online and everything is new media.


In looking for inspiration, I ran into my first problem: most of the websites I liked were portfolios for graphic designers or others who possess way more skill then me, hence their fantastic sites.


I do know some very basic HTML and have experimented with page layouts in the past, but I’m by no means a coder. So, I had to lower the bar a tad and come up with some creative ways to make my site look somewhat as cool without having to know all the techy language.


Here’s some of the sites I modelled mine on: Dennis de Leon, London Creative+, Janell Loewen.


And here’s what mine looks like (screen caps for now, until I find a suitable hosting site):


Plays a slideshow of some of my work, thanks to the awesome Chad and Nivo Slider.



Thumbnails open to PDFs of work.



No comments:

Post a Comment